linky party over on their blog for people going to QuiltCon to get to know each other a bit.
If you've clicked over from their site, welcome! My name is Debbie and I love to make quilts! I'll be teaching Machine Appliqué, Hand Appliqué and Bias Appliqué (still spaces in these last two!) at QuiltCon and taking Jacquie Gering's Building Bridges class. I also design and sell quilt patterns, some of which will be available in the Modern Quilt Relish booth at QuiltCon.
The MQG suggested we include 5 things you don't know about me. Here goes:
1. I was born outside the US and became a citizen when I was 25.
2. I met my husband working at a Domino's Pizza. He was a manager there and later owned a franchise for a while.
3. I was a figure skater until the age of 13 when they wanted me to get serious and train for competitions. I just thought skating was fun and I wasn't that good anyway :)
4. I haven't done a lot of traveling outside the US (although I really, really want to!), but I have been to Australia and Finland (at 10 and 13 years old) and England and Iceland as an adult. France is number one on my travel wish list as I took French all through high school and part of college.
5. I was a VISTA volunteer (like the domestic Peace Corps) with Literacy Volunteers in western Cook County, IL for a year. I was the local program coordinator. My favorite part was training the tutors in how to work with their students.
If you'd like to know more of the usual stuff about my quilting story, check out the "About Me" tab above.
Hope to see you in Austin!