January 25, 2010
January 23, 2010
January 12, 2010
I made this quilt for her and her family in 2008 to thank them for all the fun, friendship and relaxing times we have had together at the cottage. I had so much fun looking through my fabrics for all the blues and then deciding how much of each of the other colors to use to represent the grass, sand, sun, snow, etc.
January 9, 2010
January 8, 2010
January is Tracy's month and she wants us to make a wonky pinwheel block with these lovely fabrics. March is my month and I am beginning to close in on what I would like to do. I think I would like to provide most of the fabric, but ask everyone to add a small piece from their own stash.
In other news of my life: Mom is coming along well and so is our construction. This picture was taken on Jan 4. I have to get out there today and take another shot as they have some of the interior framing up too.
January 5, 2010
- Design and make 12 quilts (not including charity).
- Have a new pattern/quilt to show at each of my guild meetings (6/yr).
- Have a "spring" and "fall" pattern collection with six patterns in each collection.
- Get an accounting system set up. (this means a more comprehensive system than I am currently using)
- Get professional advice on legal/licensing/tax issues. (I'm in pretty good shape here, but there are some details I need to nail down)
- Improve web site.
- Work 100 hours per month.
- Make 2 charity quilts.
- Blog at least twice a week (hopefully, more).
- Design 6 free projects/tutorials for the blog.
- Go to Beaver Island Quilt Retreat.
This is quite an ambitious list for me and it is likely I won't be able to accomplish all these things, but I will work toward them as best I can. I would love to be able to commit more than 100 hours a month to my quilting life, but given the time that goes to paid non-quilting work and my family, 100 hours is realistic.
I am really looking forward to 2010 and all the fun and challenging projects ahead! Do you set goals for yourself each year (quilting or non)?
PS Sorry no construction pictures today - I got home yesterday after dark and there hadn't been much progress due to the holiday weekend.